- Have a valid Class A CDL
- Provide Social Security card or other personal identification
- Be at least 25 years of age
- Commit no falsification and/or omissions on any part of the application
- Provide a verifiable employment record for the past three years
- Provide evidence of any truck driving experience for the past 10 years (including phone numbers with area codes, for those employers)
- Have US citizenship, permanent US residency, or be an Alien with Authorization for employment granted by the US immigration and Naturalization Service
- Meet FMCSA regulations for driving a tractor-trailer
- Complete Fleeman Carriers, Inc. Orientation
- Pass a mandatory drug screen; have no record of a positive drug test with any previous employer in the past 10 years
- Pass a valid DOT physical
- Have the ability to perform the essential functions of a Fleeman Carriers, Inc. driver with or without reasonable accommodation
- No more than one preventable accident in a CMV in the past year. No more than 2 preventable accidents in a motor vehicle in the last 3 years. Rollover must be over 3 years.
- Jack-knife, rear-end, U-turn, or topped tractor/trailer must be over two years.
- Serious violations in a Commercial Motor Vehicle (defined in the FMCSR 383.51) None in the last three years.
- One in the last 4 years
- No more than one moving violation within the last 12 months
- No more than three moving violations within the last 3 years
- No reckless driving tickets in the last three years
- No careless driving tickets in the last three years
- No record of driving while suspended in the last three years (Suspension for moving violations only. If verification is required, driver must provide.)
- No speeding citations of 15 mph or above in the last 12 months
- No license suspensions in the last 12 months; no more than one in last 3 years (Suspension for moving violations only. If verification is required, driver must provide.)
- DUI or drug/alcohol-related incidents in a motor vehicle will not be accepted.
- Felony convictions within the last 5 years will be disqualifying
- All felonies over 5 years will be reviewed
- All misdemeanor convictions within 5 years will be reviewed